Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Filtra por categorías





(function($) { $(document).ready(function(){ $('#ov-icono-social-fijo').click(function(){ $('#icono-social-1').toggleClass('mover-icono-social-1'); $('#icono-social-2').toggleClass('mover-icono-social-2'); $('#icono-social-3').toggleClass('mover-icono-social-3'); $('#icono-social-4').toggleClass('mover-icono-social-4'); }); }); })( jQuery );

Home/ Services/ Vawa

Discover VAWA: Protection and Opportunities in the U.S.

Learn how VAWA can change your life in the U.S. Get security, jobs and more. Don't wait any longer for a fresh start!

Get FREE Consultation

What is VAWA?

Vawa is an immigration relief offered by the United States for those who have been victims of domestic violence by a permanent resident or U.S. citizen.

Does it only apply to women?

Although its acronym in Spanish stands for “Violence Against Women Act”, this is a benefit that covers and defends those who have suffered sexual assault, harassment or domestic violence, whether women, men or children, understanding that women are not the only ones who go through this type of situation.


Resolved Cases

Conditions to apply for VAWA

Indispensable: victim of cruelty by:

U.S. citizen spouse or former spouse.

U.S. citizen parent.

U.S. citizen child.

Spouse or former spouse who is a lawful permanent resident.

Lawful permanent resident parent.

Stepfather, Stepmother and Stepchild.

Types of abuse that
qualifies for the Vawa visa


When you are physically abused and your personal integrity is affected.


It is when you receive harassment, persecution or intimidation.

Economic abuse

If they take control of your finances, which prevents you from being able to support yourself and you are forced to stay with the perpetrator.


By being forced to move away from your social and family environment, preventing you from living with other people.

Sexual, verbal or psychological abuse

When you are forced to perform certain sexual acts without your consent, you are intimidated or verbally attacked and your emotional stability is affected.

Call us now!

+1 678 740 8042

Requirements you need to apply

Have been a victim of violence by a U.S. resident or U.S. citizen.

Be physically present in the United States at the time of submitting the Vawa application form.

Submit a correctly completed Adjustment of Status form.

An immigrant visa must be available at the time you file the form.

None of the grounds of inadmissibility should apply to your case.

Be eligible to obtain a Green Card.

Can I make a self-petition?

Of course, when a person is a victim of abuse, he/she may adjust his/her status in the country by him/herself, without the consent and/or assistance of the abuser, taking into account the following

The following requirements must be met in order to submit the application

Likewise, you will be able to self-request for injunctive relief without the consent of the attacking family member.

Once your application is approved you may qualify for an adjustment of status.

Can I include someone in my application?

Yes, you can, but it is essential that you know which type of aggressor you could include:

If the aggressor was your spouse, you have the possibility of including your unmarried children under 21 years of age.

If the abuser was your parent, you will be able to include your unmarried children under the age of 21.

If the offender was your child over the age of 21, you may not include any family members on your application.


Learn about the multiple benefits of Vawa


Once you file your adjustment of status, you will be able to submit an application for a work permit in order to obtain better employment opportunities in the United States.


You will receive social benefits of health care, education and public assistance programs. .


If your application is approved, you will have the privilege of obtaining a legal permanent residence, which will allow you to live peacefully in the country and to access a citizenship process in the future.

Become a U.S. citizen!

Depending on the legal status of the abuser, you will know how soon you can begin the process that can lead to becoming a U.S. citizen. Here we explain it to you:

Permanent Resident

If your abuser was a lawful permanent resident, you will have the opportunity to apply for citizenship after five years with your permanent residency.

U.S. Citizen

If your abuser was a U.S. citizen, you may apply for citizenship after you have been a permanent resident for 3 years.

+ of


Years of experience

If you have come this far, it is because you need help.

At Immigration Solution we understand your situation and we know how difficult it is to live in fear, we are willing to accompany you throughout your immigration process from beginning to end.

More than 30 years of experience.

Haven’t found what you need?

Write us your question

and we will solve it for you.

+1 (678) 740-8042

We want to hear from you! Fill out our form with your question and we will be happy to help you.

Haven't found what you need?

Write us your question

and we will solve it for you.

+1 (678) 740-8042

We want to hear from you! Fill out our form with your question and we will be happy to help you.